If you have oily skin, your sebaceous glands are pumping an overabundance of sebum, the waxy substance that protects your skin. When there is too much, the skin looks greasy, and that the overabundance of sebum can contribute to acne. Inheritance plays a role.
For example, people with dark hair make more oil than blond people. But there are other contributing factors, including stress and changes in hormonal activity. Pregnant women and those who take oral contraceptives are more likely to have problems with oily skin.
Oily skin tends to age better and develop fewer wrinkles than dry or normal skin. But it requires more attention as it needs to keep the pores cleaning hyperproductive. The key is a firm but gentle hand. You want to wash away dead skin cells, dirt and excess oil without scrubbing it so hard it causes irritation.
Watch Video and find out the possible home remedies to get rid of oily skin.
The lactic acid content in yogurt helps to exfoliate the skin, and therefore, removes excess oil from the face. Apply a spoonful of yogurt on your face and leave it for some time until it is completely dry, then rinse with cold water. This should be done once a day for perfect skin.
1. Alternatively, mix 1 tablespoon each of yogurt and honey Add a little ground oatmeal. Spread it over your face, leave it for 5 to 10 minutes and then rinse with warm water.
2. On the other hand, you can also apply fresh buttermilk on your face to treat oily skin.
Cut a tomato in half and rub over your facial skin in circular motion. Rinse with cold water after 15 minutes. Do this once a day for a few days until the results are clear.
1. Alternatively, mix a little tomato and avocado And apply this mixture on your face. Allow to dry and then wash after 15 minutes. This helps close the pores and gives a soft glow to the face.
Cut slices of cucumber and rub them over your face before going to bed. Leave overnight and then wash your face with warm water in the morning. This is a natural home remedy for oily skin.
1. Alternatively, mix the juice of half a cucumber and half lemon and apply it on your face for a few days. This is a very effective remedy for treating oily skin. This even helps to decrease the freckles and the dark tone of the skin.
Mix 2 to 3 drops of lavender or sandalwood oil in half cup milk and apply the mixture over your face. Massage this mixture for 2 to 3 minutes and then go to sleep. Wash this with warm water in the morning. This should be practiced daily to get rid of oily skin.
1. Alternatively, you can even apply raw milk on your face and wash off with warm water after it dries. This is a very effective remedy that treats oily skin.
Take 1 tablespoon of facial clay (bentonite) and add 2 tablespoons of witch hazel, 2 drops each of cypress oil and lemon oil for fragrance. Mix all ingredients correctly. Leave the mask on for 10 minutes or until dry. Then wash with cold water. This is extremely useful for removing oil from the face.
Massage the skin for 5 minutes using the mango pulp. Wash with warm water when dry. This provides a cooling effect on oily skin.
Pick up some dried orange peel and add raw milk. Make a soft paste and apply it on the face and neck. Let stand for 10 to 15 minutes and then wash with cold water. This is one of the best home remedies for oily skin.
Apply coconut milk directly on the face and neck. This works in the same way that milk removes dirt and grime, in order to provide softening of the skin.
Mash half banana and add a little honey to make a thin paste. Hold for 15 minutes and wash afterwards. This acts as a natural moisturizer and is a perfect treatment for oily skin.