A flawless, lighter and younger skin is a dream of almost all of us. Is it not like this? But due to pollution, stress, eating habits, aging, and damaging rays, our skin becomes darker, stained and pigmented.
The above factors can lead to an increase in the production of melanin that eventually darkens skin tone. In a rush to achieve flawless skin, we resort to skin whitening products that are widely available in the market.
Harmful chemicals such as paraben, lanolin, BHA, and BHT present in them can be very damaging to our skin. Although they provide instant shine and fairness, it does not stay for a longer time.
A simple skin care routine can provide safe and long-lasting results. A good skin care routine includes
- Cleaning: remove dust, dirt, and oil from the skin
- Exfoliation: scrub accumulated dead skin
- Toning – Reducing open sores
- Mask – to lighten the skin
- Moisturizing – To nourish and block moisture in skin cells
- Next, we have included different ingredients and procedures that you can follow and create your own
- skin care routine.
Every day our skin is exposed to dust, pollution, bacteria, sun and strong wind. All impurities clog pores that lead to various skin problems like imperfections, age spots, wrinkles, itching, acne and others. Cleaning helps eliminate them. These are some of the cleaners you can try …
Milk is an excellent cleaner. The fat-soluble enzyme lipase removes oil-soluble impurities and the protein protease removes protein-based impurities. With the regular use of milk as a cleanser, the skin becomes softer and more radiant. It is suitable for all skin types.
How to use milk as a cleanser?
- Take some raw milk. Soak a cotton ball in it.
- Squeeze the excess and clean the skin.
- Leave the milk application until it dries.
- Rinse with warm water and dry.
- Repeat 2 times a day.
- Things to remember:
Always use milk that is not boiled for effective results.
You can use refrigerated milk for a refreshing effect. The cold effect reduces any inflammation present in the skin.
If your skin is allergic to lactose, then avoid using milk. You can use almond milk or coconut oil instead of it.
Like milk, yogurt also helps remove dirt, dirt, and oil from the deeper layers of the skin. Its whitening properties reduce the production of melanin.
How to use yogurt as a cleanser?
- Add some natural yogurt on the skin and massage gently for a few minutes.
- Leave it on for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse with warm water.
- Repeat daily for better results.
- For additional results, you can add honey or lemon juice in the yogurt.
- Repeat 2 times in a day.
- Things to remember:
Use only unflavored and sugar-free yogurt.
3. Activated carbon
Activated carbon removes dirt, dust, and dirt present in the pores of the skin. Absorbs excess oil and toxins that are responsible for outbreaks.
How to use activated carbon as a cleaner?
Take a teaspoon of activated charcoal and slowly add a few drops of water.
Stir the ingredients well to make a paste.
Apply the paste on the face and neck.
Leave it on for 10 minutes.
Rinse with warm water.
Repeat once a day.
Things to remember:
Clothing, tiles or containers may stain when they come in contact with activated carbon. Therefore, it is better to wear old clothes, wash the sink completely after rinsing and use a glass mixing bowl.
4. Baking soda
Baking soda deeply cleanses the pores of the skin eliminating dirt, dust or oil that clogs it. Apart from that, it balances the pH levels. Its lightening properties of the skin whiten dark spots.
- Combine sufficient quantities of baking soda and water to make liquid consistency paste.
- Apply on the skin and massage for a minute.
- Let it dry completely.
- Rinse with water.
- Repeat the process once a day.